At a Glance
By the Numbers
- 13:1 student-teacher ratio
- 20 students per class on average
- 200 total students
- 18% active military families
- 20 zip code addresses served
Positive School Environment
To foster a positive school environment where all students are educated in a safe and caring atmosphere, all Archdiocesan schools will follow established procedures for prevention and intervention for bullying, harassment or intimidation.
Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS) has been implemented in every Archdiocesan elementary and high school to enhance academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
All Archdiocesan high schools and elementary schools are accredited as a system through AdvancED. Every five years, the Department of Catholic Schools completes a system-wide accreditation review, which culminates in a visit by an AdvancED External Review Team. Each school is evaluated based on the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools. These standards and benchmarks can be found at http://www.catholicschoolstandards.org.
AdvancED is A Performance-based model that...
- Adopts a balanced, systemic approach
- Employs diagnostic tools
- Uses standards, stakeholder feedback, student performance
- Focuses on evaluating performance
All schools must...
- Meet AdvancED Standards for Quality
- Implement continuous improvement process
- Update demographics
- Conduct Internal Review which includes a
- Self Assessment
- Executive Summary
- Stakeholder Feedback and Student Performance Diagnostic
- Improvement Plan
- Host External Review once every five years
- Respond to Improvement Priorities in Accreditation Progress Report
Ready to explore St. Joan of Arc School?
Located in Aberdeen, Maryland St. Joan of Arc School is a private Catholic school for students in preschool through Eighth grade. To learn more about our school and the admissions process for the upcoming school year we encourage you to schedule your private tour today.